Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Bear Know Best


I have loved classic Winnie-the-Pooh forever. And I don't think I will ever stop loving Milne's classic characters. Each character has enlightening characteristics and they never fail to make me smile. I started collecting classic Pooh as a teenager because I loved Tigger's contagious postitive energy and Pooh's surprisingly profound statements for someone with grey fluff blown into his brain. All the characters are timeless. And our nursery - made up of my collecting - is what inspired this blog's name. I was thinking of a title while playing with baby PrincessPea (who truly was just a pea pod) two years ago and was inspired by how I had lined up the stuffed animals Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eyeore, Kanga and Roo, Rabbit and Owl on the windowsill. "They look like they are on parade.", I thought.


So here are some of my favorite quotes of my favorite most knowledgeable humble bear and his fluffy friends:

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.

Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo. - Kanga

Those who are clever, who have a Brain, never understand anything.

They're funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you're having them.
When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry;
you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.


Tigger: I’m so happy I could bounce! (ThePea does this, just jumps in place for over a minute, happy to be alive)

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
You can't stay in your corner of the forest, waiting for others to come to you; you have to go to them sometimes.


A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference. - Eeyore


Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

How long does getting thin take?

Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.

It's so much more friendly with two.

As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen.

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh," he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."

Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise

Sometimes it's the smallish things that take up the most room in our hearts. (This one I want to put in vinyl words in the nursery someday..)


That's what Tiggers do best!

And I know it seems easy," said Piglet to himself, "but it isn't everyone who could do it.

"Tigger is all right, really," said Pooh. "Of course he is," said Christopher Robin."Everybody is really," said Pooh. "That's what I think," said Pooh. "But I don't suppose I'm right," he said. "Of course you are," said Christopher Robin.

If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.

"How do you do Nothing?" asked Pooh.
"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it, `What are you going to do, Christopher Robin?' and you say, `Oh, nothing' and then you go and do it. It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."

Some people care too much, I think it's called love.


2 comments:

J+S said...

Hello! Thank you for letting me know that you bought the suckers at Sweet Afton's. I have given you photo credit, which I am happy to do. I actually didn't get the photo from your blog...I wish I could remember where it came from so I could let you know who else has it, but I am happy to know that it is yours. Have a great day!

Autumn & Chris said...

Love them..... I think I have fluff most of the time.....and it takes a minute for me to clear it out...HEE HEE! Some people care too much, I think it's called love, one of my all time fav's. Hope you have a great weekend.
-A