Wednesday, July 29, 2009

May Old Cat Ladies Never Die..

...Because they give us so much to think about and talk about...and smell.
Just thought I'd share that after practicing yesterday.
Note to the Wise: Yes, in a pinch, topical anesthetic applied liberally to your mask does block out cat smell, but it also makes your nose and lips numb during the procedure. Take the time to find orange oil or PIP.
Or invest in one of these:Do you think it comes in red and pink? Too noticeable? Maybe not if you work down the street from nerve gas production.

3 comments:

Loralee said...

Dr. Annie,

Let us always remember and never forget, your patient, The Cat Lady.

Annie said...

It makes me sad to think of her and no family to live with - only ten cats. It must be her way of caring for someone. It was sad that her overpowering odor made it hard to see how beautiful she was, like Jessica Tandy. I would love to grow old looking like that (sans the cats).

Maren Hansen said...

tee, hee. Derek always teases me that I'll be a cat lady after he dies since I can't have a cat now (he has allergies)... ;) I'll try to remember to shower before I hit up the dentist office... ;)