Saturday, July 4, 2009

Faith in things Unseen

Just last week I was pondering how life can turn on a dime. I wrote about our life the last few weeks. Writing helps me process life's unpredictability and marvel at the power of faith. Then, it happened again. Life turned on the dime for my sister and her husband, Lee. After being perfectly healthy except for the annoyance of dry eyes, my BIL woke up nearly blind. I am completely amazed by their positive attitudes when confronted by this trial. They have begun an aggressive treatment that will hopefully limit the damage that a rare bacteria and/or parasite is doing to his eyes. When being confronted with months of difficult treatment and disability, they truly have faith in things unseen. Lee, we love you and pray for you. Thanks for being such a great listener and having great faith.

No comments: