Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today is Worth Remembering


This weekend was my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints' Semiannual Conference. It is wonderful to be able to listen to our prophets and leaders in this modern day. There was a lot of great content, so I won't share it all here, but one of my favorite talks was by President Monson. He spoke of embracing today. Valuing what you have been given. He quoted a quote from one of my favorite musicals, Music Man: "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays." I loved how President Monson asked us to focus on what is important and embrace today. His talk reinforced for me why I'm a doing this personal blog - to embrace and remember the Todays and Nows, to share with my family and my children of myself and our life through these growing years. And his talk made me feel like the rest of the quote from Music Man: "I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering!" The picture above is why today worth remembering. Me and PeaPod digging in the sandbox at sunset on a beautiful October day.

No comments: