Thursday, October 16, 2008

Comments Open

So, with the persuasion of my sisters, I have opened my blog to comments. No big deal, right? (Cringe) Introspective as I am, a year ago I thought a lot about the why I was starting a blog and my target audience. I had appreciated a lot of personal blogs and knew what I wanted to write and didn't want to be like. I wanted to write for the right reasons. Basically, I didn't want to be a Sneetch looking for a star on my belly and pointing to it. I did not initially set up this blog for comments because I felt comments might clash with my goals and focus for this blog which were and still are:
1. Create an easy way to document my family's life and share it with them - wherever they are.
2. Have you ever heard the quote: "Dance like nobody's watching"? Well, I wanted to blog like nobody was watching except God and my family. And, hey, if anyone else stumbled across it and was uplifted in some way (even if they were comforted because I get drowned in laundry too sometimes :), I'd be really happy.
3. Blog to inspire myself to be better at each of my roles in life: wife, mother, etc. I want this blog to be a gift of myself to my husband, children and family. To share my love for them and pieces of who I am in a different medium.
4. To help define the beauty and perspective of our everyday life.
My goals are still the same and I hope that I can continue to blog according to them with comments activated. So, this is a test. This is only a test....So's life too, I guess!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I hear you with the comments. We took them off, but people complained. I love you and I love Princess Pea in the slide pics!

Jodi said...

I'm glad that you let us leave comments now. I think they're great blogs, and it's nice to let you know that I appreciate them.

Loralee said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that I can now leave comment-os!!!!!

You are one fabulous lady!

Loralee said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I can now leave comment-os!!!!!!

You are one fabulous lady and I LOVE your blog!!!

Ken and Amy said...

I just left you a comment on my blog because I didn't know that you are now open for comments! So I'll tell you again what I said.

I made those turkey headbands but copied the idea from Pottery Barn Kids. I have a pattern if you want it OR you can buy them online for $10 ea.

And your little Princess Pea is soooo cute! She's got to be very close in age to Tanner. His b-day is on 3/9. One day we'll have to come visit and let them play! It's been fun to reconnect with you guys.