Monday, October 27, 2008

PeaPod the Peacock and Poor PeaPod






This weekend started with some fun at the Hogle Zoo called Boo Zoo. It was a zoo at the zoo! We had no idea how popular this event was! Kids get dressed up in their Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat throughout the zoo. We invited our Christensen cousins along but unfortunately we soon lost them in the crowd since PeaPod was too little to wait for the treats. We'll have to get together again for some real together time. Nana and Auntie Krissy came along just for the fun of it. PeaPod made quite an impression running wild throughout the zoo as a peacock! Everywhere we went you would hear, "Look at the peacock!" She was pointed to just as much as the real animals! PeaPod loved the bears best this time and pointed to them saying, "Bar" every time the black bear would walk by.




The best part was when the free roaming turkeys came face to face with her. I shook her tail just to see what the male turkey would do. He was very disgruntled at having some feathery competition! He strutted toward her with a "Gobble! Gobble Gobble!" It was really funny, but I scooped her up quickly and didn't antogonize the poor fellow again! (I have memories of being chased by an oversized goose at Wheeler's Farm.) PeaPod wasn't feeling very well, so we left before noon.

I have no idea what I was doing in this pic, but I think I missed my chance at stardom doing cartoon voices as a career.

















Later that day, TheMan aka the Mad Scientist had his engineering friends get together to work on one of his "projects" they had been engineering. It is a trebuchet. "What in the world is a trebuchet?" you ask. Besides being a fun word to say, a trebuchet is a siege engine that was employed in the Middle Ages either to smash masonry walls or to throw projectiles over them. Yep, my husband and his friends are making one. They want to throw pumpkins as the projectiles. Why? For fun. The neighbors can relax, because although the trebuchet construction is happening in my garage, the location of the seige is not yet determined.



By Saturday evening, PeaPod's cold had turned into a full blown fever of an ugly 103 degrees. So we visited urgent care, received some antibiotics and fluids. Sunday was a cuddle day alternating between Daddy and Mommy. I came home early from work today since her fever was still high. She's doing much better now. Poor PeaPod.

4 comments:

Kriss said...

Love the peacock costume! So sad she is sick, having sick kids is the WORST! (Especially when they're too young to tell you exactly what's buggin' them!)

Loralee said...

The Peacock costume takes 1st prize in my book! That photo of her with the turkeys is simply priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a copy. Please email. I love it.
Hope Peapod feels better soon. E & V send their love.

Jodi said...

I love that costume! It's the best! Where did you find it?

Those sick pictures are priceless! The red nose and red lips...poor thing!

The Anderson's said...

The peacock costume is the cutest ever! Poor Pea Pod :( I hope she is feeling better so she can do some trick or treating tonight!