Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Smattering of Stuff

The Olympics are simply amazing. These athletes and countries from around the world join for a short time in one goal. It always brings tears to my eyes. When I heard that China literally put a pretty face out for the world to see with a different voice behind the stage, I wasn't surprised. Isn't that what China is trying do in the political arena - to put on a pretty face for the world? What other voices do they hide that we do not see or perhaps even hear? China is right though, we would like to see only the beautiful. It is no wonder that whole countries do not appreciate one another when we, as human beings, generally cannot appreciate the beauty of an individual for the sum of their parts.


Just a little pic of our playing in the sand during our anniversary. Wow, I'm so glad I have a person who understands me so well. I'm so glad to share my heart, my thoughts, my feelings, my hopes with him. This world can be quite blind to our minds and souls.

No comments: