Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hardware and Handle bar Mustaches


Finally finished one of my "long term" projects! It probably wouldn't have been long term if I had focused on it exclusively. But, having a toddler and having personality much like a butterfly that likes to flit between many ideas and projects, it has taken a while to get this one done. I'm so glad it turned out! Especially since when I bought this cheap ugly armoire off of KSL.com for just a few dollars, my husband's face said, "You can't be serious." But he loaded it up anyway and brought it home to our garage. (He's such a sweetie - we probably get along so well because we both have unusual "projects".) I have a n imagination for the potential of things and I really enjoy making things aesthetic. It is like adding a rainbow to a cloudy day; its beauty does not have any function but it adds so much to our lives like hope, happiness and peace. Several coats of paint and new hardware later (the old hardware I'm calling handlebar mustaches) and we have a perfect storage solution for the playroom. PeaPod is already checking it out!

No comments: