Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Santa's Little Helper

I was surprised at how helpful Livy was at putting up the Christmas decorations! It still was a lot of work doing it with a toddler, but it was also fun to see how excited she was! There was a lot of "Wassdat?" and explaining. Granted the bottom third of the tree is in constant flux with her redecorating, but nothing is breakable so it makes it easy. We have yet to nail the tree to the floor like my parents had to with me. The "ights" on the tree and outside get an appreciative "Whoa." when they come on.
Another favorite of hers is the nativities (Little People one and the Fontanini). She loves rearranging them and is particularly worried about where the baby Jesus (or Jesuses as the case may be) will be placed. Sometimes I will find both babies together in one of the managers. She absolutely had to take the Fontanini baby with her to Nana's house. I personally don't find that creche baby artistically beautiful, but who am I to argue with her love of baby Jesus? There has been a lot more things underfoot with Christmas out, but it feels so much more holly jolly!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Your tree is gorgeous, of course. And I love Alyvia's love of the nativities.

Autumn & Chris said...

How stinkin' cute is she???? I absolutely love your tree. I love the hugegantic ornaments. Have a good rest of the week.
Aut

Unknown said...

your tree belongs in a magazine! so pretty

Heather Ann said...

Such a pretty tree! And can Alyvia be any cuter!? I'm just missing that cute doggie of yours in the pictures!