Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Mom, Our Nana

I have wanted to do this post for some time, but have procrastinated it because I just don't have the words. I don't know if there are words that can describe how wonderful it is to have a mother like I do. She is a beautiful person inside and out. She is always trying to improve herself and she is her hardest critic. At my age, she had 4 daughters and was taking care of her mother who was in the last stages of terminal cancer. I can't imagine that. I am blessed every day she is with me. She sewed little girl dresses and unusual Halloween costumes, played "squirrels" in the pantry and "alligator" with the vaccuum, tolerated many a "tent" made out of blankets and furniture and "potions" made out of cosmetics in the sink, she got tired teenage-me out of bed with the dryer buzzer, always encouraged me to reach out to others no matter what their popularity or station of life, and she knows how to make a great chicken noodle soup.
Our life and trials are so different, yet I feel so close to her.

She is generous of spirit and love.

I am so glad to have someone who lifts me up and is a great friend. She is inspiring, fun-loving and talented.

Her heart is soft and her spirit strong.

With a project in front of her, she is unwavering and no one works harder.

If I become half the mother she is, I will be a success.

I still don't have the words and probably never will. I guess that is why the word "mother" is so special.

I love you, Mom!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

I love this post! Well done amazing Annie!

Kriss said...

Your mom was always so kind to me. She always made me feel so welcome at your house. Unlike some of our other friend's mom's, I felt totally comfortable around her. I often wonder how she didn't lose her mind with some of the things we would drag out and play with. She's a better lady than me, that's for sure!

Loralee said...

Just a beautiful post! I love it.

Unknown said...

I love her, too