Tuesday, November 11, 2008

God Bless Our Veterans! We Salute You!



On this Veterans' Day I send out my love and gratitude to all veterans. I don't think it is a coincidence that it is so close to Thanksgiving Day. I am grateful there are men and women willing to work hard,all hours of the day anywhere in the world, and put their very life at stake for my well being. I cannot imagine what they have faced but I am glad to know that there are those who have faith in what is good in this country. Both of my grandfathers are veterans. I have included pictures from their service. They look and are so young and full of life. They are good looking too!
God bless our veterans! God bless the USA!
May we not forget.

This first picture below is of my great uncle Ameth who died fighting in World War II. By all accounts, he was very heroic and there was a number of places named after him after the war here and in Germany.


The following is photos of my grandpa on my mother's side. He served in the Navy.



The following are pictures of my grandpa on my father's side. He served as a medic in the Army. I especially love the fourth photo because he looks so much like my dad in it!

1 comment:

Loralee said...

This was just wonderful. I love that you did this. I am going to totally copy you. Maybe I'll just wait a year and then post it on Veteran's next year word for word. :) :) Yep, that's what I'm going to do!