Saturday, November 5, 2011

And All Before 9:10am aka The First Snow

It's my first snow day! I didn't get out much or long but it was fun to get outside!
At 7am an excited four year old was yelling into my ear: "Snow, Mommy! It snowed! Look! Look!" My new-baby-up-a-lot-during-the-night brain responded fuzzily by sticking just one foot out of the covers. After multiple preschooler attempts, I emerged to see it did indeed snow.

 There is something a  magical about the first snow. To adults the first snow is beautiful; you haven't had to drive in it or deal with all the grim aspects of it yet. You can appreciate the beauty of it. As a child, it means fun activities like sledding, snowmans, and snow angels are just waiting to happen - as soon as you can get your parents out of bed! Despite the kids having mild colds and slight fevers yesterday, I caved and let everyone have some fun outside for a few minutes. Hey, it'll cool them off right?

So, today must be considered a success because we have gone sledding, made a snow angel and made a little snowman - all be for 9:10am!




3 comments:

Kristie said...

You guys are on the ball making snowmen before 9am. Well done. I can't get enough of the kids.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Hi!!! Your family is so cute!!! I love your little guy. He looks a lot like John! Congrats again, and thank you for sending the sweet birth announcement! We are so happy for you guys. :)

Christina said...

I'm seriously impressed you went out. My kids have quit asking me to go with them... I always say that "I don't do snow" so they can actually build a snowman by themselves. But I watch and ooh and ahh. Oh, and your baby pictures are seriously the cutest ever!